SCOM and manually installed agents...

Nothing is every easy.

Last week I installed the SCOM agent on our shiny new TMG array.  I followed the instructions from Microsoft and everything went smoothly.  Until I attempted to approve the last member of the array within SCOM Management Console.  An error occured which ditched my console.  I didn't worry too much and I thought nothing of it till the next day when the last server wasn't appearing in SCOM.

The console however no longer showed the server as pending - infact the console didn't show the server at all.

I found some powershell lying around on the internet which allowed me to approve/reject and list computers in "pending management" there was my server!  I duely approved the pending operation and bingo back in business.

Gotta love Powershell.  Just a shame that they don't use powershell to populate to console!

To list pending agents...(oh yeah you need to run the Operation Manager Shell - not just Powershell you knew that right?)

get-AgentPendingAction

To approve a specific server:

get-agentpendingaction | where {$_.AgentName -eq "<Your ServerName>"} | Approve-agentpendingaction

To approve all pending actions:

get-agentpendingaction | Approve-agentpendingaction

Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Security Policy 1001