Web Platform Installer 5.0

Wow!

Ok so I am somewhat behind the times here but I was investigating how to "stand up", to use the LINUX community parlance, an instance of the excellent MediaWiki on a Windows 2012 box and came across a Microsoft blog talking about WebPlatform Installer 5.0

So far this is awesome.

Basically download it and have a play.

You simple select from the lists what you want the installer to download and install - I think it even installs the required Windows features for you too - it happened so quick I'm not sure!?

Want MySQL database?  MediaWiki?  Just select em.  Then click install - I had to provide MySQL root credentials to setup MySQL.

More when I know how it went - initial thoughts are that this is MAGIC!

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Powershell VPN connections - PEAP with MSCHAPv2