First Exposure to VDI

So yet more fun at work!  Crikey this year has started well :)

Got my hands on a Citrix Application Gateway appliance, well the VPX version as I wrote last post.

Finally had some time to play around with the thing and found that while it was pretty simple to get the simple stuff working the documentation (again!) was confusing when setting up some components.

AD authenication was pretty tricky, once I'd figured out what the documentation was on about things started working fine.  Here are my gotchas for AD authentication on CAG v5.

1. You MUST have the correct license!  You need the Universal and Platform Licenses installed (I used a licesne server)
2. You MUST use an AD group, I found the "help" really un-helpful in this regard.

Anyways once you get these two things sorted you are pretty much set to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Security Policy 1001