SharePoint WFE install.

We have a Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007 (MOSS) farm and I was asked to add a new web front end (WFE) server to help with capacity.

Pretty simple process so I built a 64bit Windows 2003 server.  Fine.  Installed the MOSS binaries.  Fine.  Installed the language packs.  Fine.  Ran the Configuration Wizard.  oh.

I got an interesting problem where the wizard couldn't connect to the database, and infact caused a .Net exception!  After some Google-ing I couldn't find anything which directly mapped to my issue, mainly based on permissions. 

Then I remembered that we are running MOSS SP1.

So I installed SP1 for MOSS and everything worked.  Hoorah.  Just a stupid error message which could led you down the garden path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Security Policy 1001