Streaming Office 2010

There are quite a few web pages out there detailing how to get Office 2010 to stream using Citrix Profiler.  I know.  I think I found most of them :)

However try as I might I couldn't get Office to consistently work from a streamed profile.  Until I just installed the thing throwing all config and extra installs out.  It just works.  I ran the setup.exe from the profiler and didn't run anything.  I have a KMS server issusing out Office licenses and now my streamed Office 2010 is activated and working.

*phew*

Edit: One thing I didn't mention was that this was all completed on a bare Windows 7 machine, absolutely nothing was installed - bar the Citrix Profiler.

Edit: Also I had to run the installer on a second Windows 7 machine, again clean but this time 64Bit so that I could stream the resulting profile from the XenApp Server if needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Security Policy 1001