XenApp6 and Microsoft's AppV

Morning,

I am currently looking into getting AppV working on our XenApp 6 farm.  We use both Citrix and XenApp to deliver applications to our users, this works brilliant for our Windows desktops and laptops however this fails to deliver the same seamless experience for those users without the required client software.

This user base of non-Microsoft clients is increasing and the demand for accessing applications irrelevant of which device a user has is also increasing.  So trying to "cut them off at the pass" I'm loking at providing all applications on a platform agnostic delivery mechanism.  XenApp.

Sounds pretty simple when I first looked into this, however, as with most things it turns out that it is not. 

First I had to get my NetScaler working, weirdly this broke when I put on the SharePoint AppWizard template.  Once working my BB Torch showed my XenApp delivered applications just fine thank you.

I followed various websites on delivering AppV applications via Citrix however I could find only one which detailed how to stream the AppV to the XenApp Server, therefore removing the need for the AppV client on the end point.

Here it is.  http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126082

I'll report back on how far I get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PXE booting, MDT and 802.1x

Intune installation requires a wire...or does it?

Security Policy 1001